Here in Tenerife it rarely gets cold much before October, but this year it hasn´t been cold much before November. This Sunday hubby and I decided to take to the hills where it is now a little cooler. It was amazing! What a fantastic island this is for walking. We had a super morning and returned to the sunnier coast for the afternoon.
Today I awoke to the most amazing sky of pinks, blues, purples,golds only to find that by 11am the rain had started and the sky was very grey in colour. The hills looked positively uninviting and the longing for cold days became less a priority.
I had a thought about home in the UK and thought how lucky we are to be here where the climate is a lot kinder to the body and how we see blue skies regularly for most of the year. This is not a blog to sicken those of you who don´t live here more of a reminder to us expats who often have longings for home, looking at home with the rose coloured glasses on, of course.
It is almost 40 days until Christmas and I am still in T shirts, so I am going to smile today for I am trully lucky to be here in paradise.
No comments:
Post a Comment