
I would like to take this opportunity to raise awareness about the possible extinction of the bees from our world. If this was to happen it would be an absolute disaster. We rely on our bees to pollinate our crops so we can eat, not to mention trade goods.
We also must wonder why they are dying in their hundreds every day. The theories are endless and one which I feel very strongly about is the possibility that when the bees return to the hive with a high concentration of pesticides and other chemicals in the nectar on them to take back to the hive, the levels of toxins in the hive build and build to a very extreme level. The name given to this is SAD not seasonal affected disorder but stress affected disorder. I watched a TV programme set in California, USA and it showed how one bee was trying to clean the other dying bee with his legs, trying to remove something, it wasn´t visible to the human eye but there was clearly something on the other bee that neither was happy with.
I have been inspired to make a few items to sell in my Etsy shop to highlight the plight of the bees, this is one of them.
Please sow some wildflowers today, or just leave the weeds to grow in one area of your garden, encourage the bees to a clean place, don´t use chemicals in these areas.
I don't know why the bees are dying but it worries me about all the chemicals going on to our food. I live and work in the countryside and there is hardly a day goes by during the summer when you don't see a farmer in the field with those hugh spraying machines. I think its all building up in us and the bees and everything else. Who knows, maybe that's why everyone is dying of cancer.
ReplyDeleteI agree totally Shayla. I grow vegetables and herbs in my garden and I do get bogged down with pests but if I plant say a cabbage in between some flowers, even a cactus, the pests can´t find the cabbage. I am going to post an example of this on my other blog Pixiepod´s Garden later today. Please feel free to follow my blog for other posts you may be interested in. Thank You
ReplyDelete