Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Clean!


Well I find myself constantly in the garden at the moment, Spring Cleaning as I like to call it. All the trees and shrubs need a hard cut back, this is not something that has come easy for me. Being from Scotland I found cutting back hard a real luxury, the plant needed a bit of a prune but here it is an attack of massive proportions. As the years have gone on I have got more ruthless.

Afterwards, everything looks so clinical and neat, it does look nice and only lasts for a short time, the plants obviously love it as they come back happier and brighter than ever.

I have been harvesting the goodies from the cuttings and have been frantically crafting and using my artistic thoughts to create objects mentally. The nature spirits are always around, giving me a helping hand and my sore back doesn´t even bother me until I stop and then it kicks in. Got lots of herbs to help and hopefully will also be posting these to my etsy shop soon.


Well must get on, we are in the middle of a calima type weather front and although today is calm, a warm wind is due to arrive tonight and last for a few days, the sky is pure white with a tinge of brown, looks eery for the first timer to the island but I am used to it now and love the calm before the storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment